02 July 2011

choosing a wand


Baguette

no, not the bread
Baguette in French means 'wand'
as in a 'magic wand'

I asked for a directing 'stick' which is not correct (baton)
I was supposed to ask for a directing 'wand' (baguette)

after returning once more to the highest store up on the Rue de Rome, I had my choice down to 4 wands:

- a med-long triangle handle shaped dark brown glazed wood wand
- a short fancy curved handle painted red glazed wood wand
- a med-long bubble-shaped imperfect wood (looked like a leaf imprint) heavy wand
- a med-long milk-bottle shaped black painted glazed wood med-heavy wand

the black won. wasn't too long or too short. felt good enough in my hand. just heavy enough. classy. matches most of my performing attire. and most of my wardrobe. in my price range. sharp. gave it a wave. sparks.

2 comments:

Amy Owens said...

YAYY! And I love the HP reference. :)

Sunshine said...

Love hearing about your Paris adventure. Isn't the wand supposed to choose you:)love you.